Siloam Springs Public Library
Public Library Special Events
There is always lots of activity at the Library!
To view or print a copy of the monthly events flyer, please click here:
Future Siloam Springs Public Library
The City and The Friends of the Siloam Springs Library are coming together to build a 22,000 square foot library on the corner of Maxwell and Jefferson. This site was previously home to the old hospital. We would love to hear your input on the project. Please call 238-0940 to comment directly or email CityComm@siloamsprings.com
We are pleased to announce Polaris, our new Library software search option. To sign up and search inventory, please click here: http://siloamsprings.polarislibrary.com/
Bring your laptops to the library; Wi-fi is now available!
The Library is pleased to offer you best-selling and classic audiobooks or downloadable eBooks, available 24/7 from your computer. Simply click on the icon below, have your library card number handy, and follow the simple instructions. We hope our patrons enjoy this new feature!
********Friends of the Library***Friends of the Library*********
To learn more about the "Friends of the Library," click here:
Friends of the Library
We hope you will bookmark the site, visit often, and continue the conversation about the library's importance to the community.
Inclement Weather Policy
- Library programs will be cancelled if school is closed;
- If City Offices are closed due to inclement weather, the Library also closes
Non-Smoking/ Smoking Policy
- There is no smoking in the library as per the Arkansas Clean Air Act of 2006 which bans smoking in enclosed public places.
- There will be no smoking within 25 feet of the entrance to the library.
Cell Phone Policy
- Please set your cell phone and/or other electronic device on silent or vibrate mode when you are in the building.
- When possible, make and take all cell phone calls outside the building.
- If you must take or make a call inside, limit this call to a brief, quiet call.
- Cell phone usage will be restricted during library programs, from quiet study areas including the computers, and while at the front circulation desk.
- You must be 18 years old and have a valid photo ID to sign in. You may be asked to show this ID to staff.
- If you are under 18 you must have written permission by your parent or guardian or you must be at a computer that is adjacent to the computer that your parent or guardian is at.
- The time limit for the computer is 1 hour per day. This time may be extended if no one is waiting for the computer. Please let staff know if you are using the computer for school assignments.
- Display of inappropriate material is forbidden (i.e. nudity, sexual acts, etc.)
- Computer use may be monitored by staff.
- Files to be saved may be downloaded to removable media only such as a flash drive.
- The library does not assume responsibility for personal or sensitive information left on the computer’s desktop by a previous user.
- Computers shut down 15 minutes prior to closing.
- Copies are 10 cents per page. We copy only in black and white. Copies will be printed on the copy machine that is behind the front desk. You are responsible for EVERY page you print.
- Notify staff about computer-related problems.
- You must stay on the computer you signed up on. If you have an issue with that computer and need to switch computers, you must notify staff and they will assign you to an open computer.
- Each computer has a chair. Leave the chairs with their respective computer. If you need an additional chair, there are some available at the back of the library.
- Refrain from cell phone use while on the computer.
- When you sign in to use the computer, you are agreeing to follow the guidelines set forth and accept responsibility for your actions. You are releasing the Siloam Springs Public Library from any liability related to your actions. Failure to comply with the guidelines will result in removal of computer privileges. [updated 9-28-12]
Check Out Limits: To check out items from the library, you must have a library card. You may check out six items per card. Of these six items, one may be a new release. You may also check out 10 paperbacks and six magazines.
Check Out Period: All DVDs can be checked out for one week. Books, CDs, CD/Books, paperbacks and magazines can be checkout out for two weeks. Items can be renewed one time if there is not a reserve on the item. Please visit the Library or call (479) 524-4236 during business hours to renew an item. New releases may not be renewed.
Overdue Items: [Please visit the "Fees" page (left column) of this web page].
Computers: The Library has 11 computers, which are Internet accessible. Only adults 18 and over, can use a computer and must sign in at the front desk. All minors must have a parent or guardian sign them in unless a prior Internet agreement is on file. You may print from these computers for a .10 per page charge and pick up copies at the front desk.
Card Catalog: The card catalog is located on a stand in the middle of the Library. You may look for items by title, subject or author.
If you need assistance, please ask a member of the Library Staff. We are happy to assist you!
The Library is closed on the following Holidays:
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Presidents' Day
- Good Friday/Easter weekend
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veteran's Day
- Thanksgiving Holiday
- Christmas Eve & Christmas Day
401 West University
Siloam Springs, AR 72761
office (479) 524-4236
fax (479) 524-3908
Community Services Director
Mon - Fri - 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Saturday - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Sunday - Closed
Book Drop available 24/7