2040 Comprehensive Plan
To view the adopted 2040 comprehensive plan, please visit www.SiloamSprings2040.com
The City of Siloam Springs has adopted a comprehensive plan to help guide the City's future. The comprehensive plan includes recommendations related to land use, mobility, economic development, housing, community character, public facilities, and infrastructure. Community involvement has been critical to the plan's success.
What is a Comprehensive Plan?
Comprehensive Plans are tools that provide strategic guidance and direction for the future growth and development of the community and establish a 10 to 20 year vision for the City. A comprehensive plan is a foundation document that:
- Establishes and guides City policy and decisions
- Combines City plans into one document
- Provides the basis for zoning and land use decisions
- Provides the basis for Capital Improvement Plans
The comprehensive planning process occurred over an 18-month period, between January 2021 and June 2022. The process involved six steps that heavily relied on public outreach and community participation.
The public engagement portion of the 2040 Comprehensive Plan was critical for its success. Thank you to everyone who participated!
1. Background Analysis (January 2021-April 2021): This includes a community snapshot and visioning.
2. Plan Development (May 2021-January 2022): This portion includes land use, mobility, economic development, housing, character, facilities.
3. Implementation Strategy (February 2022-March 2022): This phase of the plan includes infrastructure, regulatory framework, catalytic projects.
4. Adoption (April 2022-May 2022): The final phase includes finalizing plan, joint workshop, adoption hearing.
Meet the Comprehensive Planning Team
Comprehensive Plan Advisory Committee (CPAC)
- Marla Sappington
- Karina Tun
- Kevin Williams
- Brian Lamb
- Sarah Losh
- Ben Bergstrom
- Mary Nolan
- Chris Salley
- Jerry Cavness
- Kate Rennard
- Jody Wiggins
City of Siloam Springs Staff:
- Phillip Patterson – City Administrator
- Don Clark – Community Development Director
- Ben Rhoads – Senior Planner
- Holland Hayden – Communications Manager
- Justin Bland – City Engineer
Freese and Nichols, Inc. (Plan Development Lead)
Freese and Nichols, Inc. is an engineering, urban planning, and architecture firm offering a wide range of services to public sector clients for more than 125 years. FNI focuses on providing innovative approaches, practical results, and outstanding services to our clients. As a full-service consulting firm, we offer hundreds of specialty services. We take a holistic view of our clients' challenges, providing tailored, advanced solutions and delivering exemplary plans, designs, and codes.
Catalyst is a national expert in architecting economic development solutions for the public and private sectors. Catalyst focuses on developing strategy and activating projects that create a complete community. The firm has activated mixed-use, downtowns, transit-oriented developments, corridors, commercial districts, neighborhoods, and other environments across the United States.
2040 Comprehensive Plan
The city's 2040 Comprehensive Plan (PDF), (called "Our Vision, Our Future"), was approved by the Board of Directors on July 19, 2022. This has been a 18 month process of public meetings, visioning sessions, and monthly steering committee sessions. The city appreciates the community's involvement in the evolution of this plan.
Our Vision, Our Future
The plan will be updated every 5 years for critical policy shifts and demographic changes that may affect core planning goals.