Sanitation and Recycling
The Solid Waste Department serves approximately 6,041 residential customers, 272 commercial customers, and has over 600 dumpsters and roll-off containers.
We strongly encourage recycling. For more information on recycling, or to request a free recycle bin, please contact the Solid Waste Department at 479-524-8512.
The Benton County Solid Waste District has opened their Satellite Convenience Center next to the Transfer Station. The program is available to Benton County residents the first and third Saturday of every month from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Once-A-Week Automated Trash CollectionThe City Sanitation Department is excited to provide an efficient and quick method of trash collection that will decrease the amount of trash going to the landfill, increase recycling participation and lower worker-related injuries.
- All trash must be bagged and put inside the City-issued blue trash cans.
- Please place trash bins AT LEAST FIVE FEET AWAY from any obstruction such as a mailbox, fire hydrant, parked car or utility pole.
- Trash bins placed too close to obstructions will not be picked up.
- Placing your bin in front of a mail box can result in mail not being delivered. We recommend placing your trash bin on the opposite side of the driveway from your mailbox.
- Any trash not placed inside the City- issued blue bins will not be picked up.
- For those who have street parking in your neighborhood, we ask that you place your trash bins in the street with the wheels pushed against the curb (wheels facing the house).
- You must move your cart in from the curb to your home after collection has been completed for the day. Your trash bin cannot stay on the curb throughout the week.
Bagged yard waste (grass clippings and leaves)
Yard Waste will be picked up on the same day as your trash. Please note your trash pickup day in the information attached to the trash bin during delivery or by clicking here.
Trash collection will not occur on holidays. Customer's trash and recycling pick up will be delayed one day. For example, if the holiday falls on a Monday and your trash is usually picked up on a Monday, your trash and recycling route will be delayed until Tuesday. If your normal pickup is Tuesday, it will be picked up Wednesday and so on for the rest of the week.
- New Year's Day (January 1)
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day (3rd Monday in January)
- Presidents' Day (3rd Monday in February)
- Good Friday (Friday before Easter)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (First Monday in September)
- Veterans Day (November 11)
- Thanksgiving (4thThursday in November)
- Trash/ recycling will run the day after Thanksgiving for Thursday customers; however, the Transfer Station is closed.
- Trash/recycling will run on Christmas Eve; however, the Transfer Station is closed.
- Christmas Day (December 25)
Transfer Station Fees:
The rate is $41.82 (+ tax) per ton. Less than a ton is prorated with a $5.00 (+ tax) minimum. The rate for outside city limit customers is $60 (+ tax) for household and $75 (+ tax) per ton for Shingles and Construction material. Less than a ton is prorated with a $5.00 (+ tax) minimum.
As an alternative to bringing trash to the Transfer Station, here are resources for Benton County Residents/Businesses (i.e. landfill, special hauls providers, etc.):
Map of Benton County Waste Zones
The Transfer Station will no longer accept dump trucks of construction material. Those will have to be taken to the Waste Management Landfill.
Waste Management Landfill
Address: 2210 WM Dr, Springdale, AR 72762
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am - 4 pm. Closed Saturday and Sunday
We have mulch! Pick up at 1108 E Ashley at Solid Waste.
The Solid Waste Department provides bulk mulch for the residents of Siloam Springs. The cost is as follows:
$5.00 per pick-up load (self-loading)
$15.00 per trailer load - 10 ft. or smaller (self loading)
$30.00 per trailer load - larger than 10 ft. (self loading).
$15.00 per pickup load (staff will load for you)
$30.00 per trailer load - 10 ft. or smaller (staff will load for you)
$50.00 per trailer load - larger than 10 ft. (staff will load for you).
$50.00 per dump truck load (delivered to the resident's home - must have City utility).
Please call the Solid Waste Department for more information at 524-8512.
Spring and Fall Clean-Up Events
Siloam Springs offers a free pick-up service for residents twice a year. This service offers collection of items too large to fit in your roll-cart. These events are generally once in the spring and once in the fall. Please check the Fall and Spring Clean-up tab for additional information.