Without being stated in the disqualifiers, if circumstances exist which indicate than an application is clearly unsuited for a position within the Siloam Springs Police Department, the applicant will be disqualified and sent a letter from Human Resources.
Temporary Disqualifiers: 1. Convicted of five (5) or more moving traffic violations and/or negligent collisions within a 24-month period during the five (5) years preceding the date of application.
2. Having a driver's license suspended or revoked during the three (3) year period preceding the date of application.
3. Currently under indictment for or charged with any criminal offense.
4. Any current misdemeanor charge or a misdemeanor conviction within the preceding two years. Exception: Traffic related offenses.
5. May not have used illegal controlled substances including medical marijuana within the last three (3) years.
6. No DWI within the three years preceding the application.
7. Currently on probation, parole or court ordered community service for any offense.
8. Subject of a current/ongoing internal investigation if the applicant is currently employed in law enforcement.
Permanent Disqualifiers: 1. Any Felony Conviction (including offenses pardoned or expunged)
2. Conviction of a Class "A" Misdemeanor for domestic violence/abuse, theft or crime of moral turpitude.
3. Certain levels of habitual illegal drug or controlled substance use.
4. Discharge from the Armed Forces with a Bad Conduct or Dishonorable Discharge, or a General Discharge for misconduct or failure to adapt.
5. Having been discharged from any city, state, federal or private corrections institute or law enforcement agency as an Officer or Civilian for disciplinary reasons, resigning to avoid suspension, or discharge or having resigned during a disciplinary investigation without final judgement being rendered.
6. Making false statements (lying), falsely swearing to statements or any other manner of falsifying testimony in any official matter or in any significant business transaction.
7. Omitting incidents, circumstances, or information of material fact that would otherwise be used in consideration for an offer of employment, or any deceptive statement or act.