Occasionally you might find left over items in your recycling bin. There's a reason for that- the items are not included in our recycling program.
Here's a copy of the letter you might find if items are left in the bin. Let's all work to keep our recycling program clean.
If you have any questions, our Sanitation Division is happy to help! 479-524-8512.
Re: Recycle Bin Contents
Thank you for participating in the City of Siloam Springs’ curbside recycling program. We appreciate the time you take to separate your recyclables from the trash and cut down on our impact on the environment. You are receiving this letter today because some of the content in your recycle bin is not recyclable in our curbside program. Below is a list of the items we accept:
- Paper (newspaper, junk mail, phone books, magazines, office paper, wrapping paper, etc…)
- Cardboard (packing boxes, cereal & kleenex boxes, paper towel and toilet paper tubes, etc. Please flatten all boxes.)
- Aluminum cans / soda cans (Please rinse them out.)
- Tin / Steel cans (Please rinse them out. It’s not necessary to take off the labels.)
- Plastic Bottles ONLY (Must have a neck that’s smaller than the body of the container. Must have a #1 or #2 inside the recycle triangle. Please rinse them out.)
We accept glass at the drop-off center only. This is located at the Transfer Station at 1108 E. Ashley.
Again, I want to thank you for taking part in our recycling program. We need more residents and businesses like you. You’re helping to make Siloam Springs a better place to live.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our department at (479) 524-8512.
Your Curbside Recycling Collector
City of Siloam Springs