The Board of Directors has set their sights on future goals by approving a list for 2019-2020. Nine goals have been laid out for staff to focus on during the upcoming years.
- Recruit and encourage new economic activity that increases tax revenue and the number of jobs in the community, including the growth of residential development
- Develop strategies and/or policies for annexing both developed and undeveloped areas outside the City
- Implement programs to improve current conditions and long-term maintenance of city facilities and infrastructure
- Improve placemaking and downtown design through regulatory means
- Develop a plan to serve as a guideline for assisting the City in realizing its future growth goals
- Continue to improve code enforcement efforts related to property maintenance and nuisance abatement
- Develop long-term and sustainable fiscal plan strategies
- Develop strategies for increase public usage of downtown parks
- Increase citizen engagement
You can read the full document including objectives, timelines, measurements and staff assignment in the attached document.