Siloam Springs will come together to celebrate the Christmas season with the annual "Light Up Siloam" event and Christmas parade Saturday, December 1 at 5:30 p.m.
You can find information about the parade by visiting the Siloam Springs Heritage League.
Those interested in having a float in the parade will need to contact the Siloam Springs Heritage League directly.
Rules for the parade are below:
2018 Christmas Parade
December 1, 2018, 5:30 p.m. beginning from the Middle School on Dogwood
The parade starts from the Siloam Springs Middle School on Dogwood, heads east on Tulsa, north on Mt. Olive, east on Jefferson, north on Maxwell, west on Main, north on Broadway and west on University coming to an end near the Mt. Olive and University intersection.
- No vehicles wider than 8 feet wide and pulling a 22-foot-long trailer (fire and police vehicles are excluded). No 18 wheelers.
- ALL VEHICLES must be decorated. If you’re a member of a car club or advertising a local business, please decorate your vehicle.
- No kids on top of vehicles without adult supervision.
- DO NOT throw candy to crowds or individuals. Please walk up to parade watchers to hand them candy.
- No additional Santas in the parade. Additional Santas will be asked to leave.
- You will not have an assigned order this year. Therefore, it is vital that your send a description of your float and organization to the Heritage League by Wednesday, November 28.
- The start time is 5:30. The Police Department leading the parade has been given instructions to leave at 5:30.
- Bands will walk the length of the parade.
- Floats must stay with traffic on the route back to the Middle School on Dogwood for discharge of participants.
- Judging will be from 2:30-3:30. Please meet in the parking lot adjacent to the stadium and fine arts center for judging NO LATER than 2:30
Price stricture for floats:
- JUDGED general entry (groups, organizations, clubs): $15
- JUDGED commercial entry: $15
- JUDGED religious organization/church: $15
- Non-judged singular decorated vehicle (business, pageant, political candidate, non-club associated vehicle) $15
- Non-judged civic group: $10
- Non-judged school group: no charge
- Animal clubs or entries: $10 per horse/donkey/pony/camel, etc.
- Car clubs: $10 per vehicle
Food truck, external vendors
Food trucks must apply with the Heritage League and EITHER be set up in the Hoffman lot (limit 4 food vendors) by 2:00 pm Saturday, December 1, or have written permission from a private property owner for set up. The Fire Marshal will be doing inspections at 2:00 p.m.
Mobile vendors must be approved by the Heritage League.