Per Governor Hutchinson’s COVID-19 press conference today (4/1/2020)
COVID-19 data today:
- 584 cases
- 56 hospitalized
- 25 on ventilators
- 10 total deaths
- Over 800 tests in the last 24 hours (through Dpt. Of Health lab, commercial, and UAMS)
- 7124 tests completed to date in the State
Drive-Through Testing Facility for First Responders:
Announcement: partnership with Walmart and Quest Laboratories for a drive through testing facility in Bentonville that will be focusing on first responders and health care workers who show symptoms. If they meet requirements, they will be able to drive through and get testing in a short amount of time. This is a pilot project that will eventually roll out to the rest of the country. Looking to be operational by early next week.
1. Day trip use only of State Parks. No overnight use of facilities- beginning April 3.
2. Restrict parking that will limit access. No overflow parking from parking lots.
3. Some trails will close that are problematic. (posted on the State Parks website, should be live by this afternoon).
4. Park rangers will be able to enforce guidelines to a greater extent. Reduce gathering, educate visitors on social distancing, etc.
5. Buffalo River Scenic Park will be closed until we can determine it was safe. Yesterday, 60% of visitors were from outside of the State.
If this doesn’t help social distancing, then we will adjust as needed.
The State went from processing over 1,000 a week to 30,000 in a week. Please be patient.
At this time, Arkansas unemployment cannot process pandemic unemployment compensation which applies to self-employed workers and independent contractors. The State is still waiting on guidance from the Department of Labor. Please hold off- staff cannot help until we get guidance from the Department of Labor.
If you’re not doing something important, stay home.
Those who are not being responsible need to be reminded on who they can harm.