Governor press conference 4/6/2020 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS2Kb4V8U3I
- 830, now 875 cases
- 74 hospitalizations
- Added Izzard County
- 16 deaths
- 102 recovered (5 more than yesterday)
- 122 health care workers, 8 more than yesterday
- 74 hospitalized
- 22 on ventilators
- 2.3% of cases under 18, 18-24 is 6.7%, 25-44 is 30.3%, 45-65 is 34.9%, 25.7% aged 65+
Test Results from 4/5/2020
- 949 test results yesterday
- 822 from commercial lab, 4% of those tested in the commercial lab yesterday were positive.
- 76 tests done yesterday, 10.5% of those were positive at the Arkansas Department of Health Public Health Lab yesterday
- Governor spoke of the efforts of slowing the spread in Arkansas
- Social distancing is helping, but this week is critical
- Follow social distancing and when you can’t wear the masks
- Want to continue to slow that spread.
- While cases will go up every day, we want to slow doubling time / the speed of the spread.
- Another indication that our slowing the spread makes a difference
- We are low compared to other states cases vs. 100,000
- Without jeopardizing our population, we will send 5 ventilators to Louisiana
- We have slowed the rate of growth. Hope to slow it even more.
“While we’ve had some success in slowing the spread, it’s clear that this is going to go on for some time. The remainder of this school year is going to be closed. We’re not going to allow in-school instruction, but we will continue with alternative methods of instruction through the end of this school year”, Governor Hutchinson said during this COVID-19 daily press conference.
- Closed for on-site instruction but will continue alternative methods of instruction.
- Will extend through AMI.
- Digital learning classes will continue.
- Governor Hutchinson applauds teachers and students for hanging in there. But recognize education has to continue.
Secretary Key- Arkansas Commissioner of Education
- Child nutrition services will continue as long as they can follow the CDC guidelines.
- Be flexible- both districts and parents.
- It is impractical to try and replicate the school environment when they are home
- Focus should be on core content.