2020 MUNICIPAL ELECTION INFORMATION
FOR SILOAM SPRINGS, ARKANSAS
City Administrator Form of Government
OFFICERS TO BE ELECTED: Director, Position 5, 6, 7 and Mayor (which terms expire 12/31/2020)
FILING TIME: Noon on Wednesday, May 13, 2020 – Noon on Thursday, May 28, 2020
FILING PLACE: City Clerk’s office – 400 N. Broadway, Siloam Springs, AR 72761
QUALIFICATIONS: Any person desiring to be a candidate must:
- Be a qualified voter;
- Be a resident of the municipality for at least six (6) months;
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age;
- File a petition with the City Clerk, containing at least fifty (50) qualified registered voters of the entire city. Any adult person who has resided within the municipality for at least six (6) months and is qualified to vote at an election of the county or state offices shall be deemed a qualified elector;
- Continue to reside in the city for the term in which he or she was elected;
- Complete and file a Statement of Candidacy with the City Clerk’s Office;
- Complete and file a Political Practice Pledge with the City Clerk’s Office;
- Pay a $10.00 filing fee to the City Clerk upon filing of the Petition and Statement.
Forms for candidates are available at the Siloam Springs City Clerk’s Office at 400 N. Broadway or at the County Clerk’s Office in Siloam Springs at 707 S. Lincoln, Suite C.
If more than two (2) candidates qualify for an office, the names of all candidates shall appear on the ballot at the non-partisan, Municipal Primary Election to be held on August 14, 2020. If no candidate receives the majority of votes cast in the Primary, the two candidates receiving the highest number of votes shall be the nominees for the respective offices to be voted upon at the November 3, 2020 General Election.