The City of Siloam Springs Administration Department will be accepting Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) from any person, organization or firm, who are in the practice of providing professional consulting services in the area of retail and commercial development, and specifically as a Retail Development Consultant. Any submittal of SOQ shall consist of two (2) copies no later than 2:00 PM on November 27, 2018, and should be should be sent to P.O. Box 80, Siloam Springs, AR, 72761, or hand delivered to 400 N. Broadway, Siloam Springs, AR, 72761, Attn: City Administrator.
Interested parties may obtain a copy of the Request for Statement of Qualifications at the address listed above or by calling 479-524-0597.
Request for Statement of Qualifications
The City of Siloam Springs (City) will be accepting Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) from any person, organization or firm, who are in the practice of providing professional consulting services in the area of retail and commercial development, and specifically as a Retail Development Consultant. Due to the nature and specific services the City is pursuing, the City requests the SOQ include, but not limited to, the ability to provide the following Scope of Services and Deliverables:
- Research and authenticate City of Siloam Springs trade area market, and the City’s development potential for retail, office, residential mixed-use, and other development. Compiled information in a report that includes the latest demographic data and market information. Report will also include sales tax leakage data.
- Procure demographic data, population and socioeconomic data, and other market data defined in drive times, broader regional concentric rings, and develop a custom trade area polygon. Consult with City personnel to best define actual trade area and consumer market, and edit and customize market report with input from City staff.
- Prepare an updated market summary/report for use in marketing the key demographics and attributes of the City’s trade area. This summary material, including the full market report, will include a map of the trade area.
- Use market summary/report to market the City extensive network of commercial and residential developers, and retail and corporate tenants, as well as national and regional developers.
- Use consultant’s experience and knowledge of incentives, and their practical application, to assist city staff in crafting economic development incentives that will profit both the public and private sectors and encourage new investment within the City.
- Work with staff to identify and recruit commercial, retail and residential targets that respond to the leakages identified and that meet the long term needs of the City.
- Develop strategies to target retail and restaurant entities to develop within the City thereby reducing leakages, and drawing consumers from outside existing trade area.
- Work with staff and local real estate professionals to identify and catalog development areas, leasable space, and back-fill opportunities.
- Actively recruit targets identified and approved by the City, and supported by data, through the duration of contract.
- Recruitment efforts will include personal contact, mail, email, International Council of Shopping Centers (“ICSC”) events, and development / industry contacts continually throughout the term of contract.
- Create network of developers and work with such network to create interest in the City’s market, define development opportunities, and coordinate/attend meetings with City staff and developers.
- Be available to facilitate meetings between targets and the City when timing indicates a potential deal is imminent or when a target’s response indicates need to intensify efforts.
- Represent the City at the ICSC regional conference in Texas, and ICSC RECon conference in Las Vegas, and at other events not currently scheduled.
- Provide monthly updates/reports.
- Be present in City, as necessary, to provide specialized training to City staff, meet with civic clubs, elected officials and other appropriate citizen groups.
- Bid any specialized marketing materials (printed or video), web updates, retail specific web sites, traffic counts, aerial photography, and grant research and writing under separate bids, unless these items are discussed and agreed to by both parties prior to contract being approved.
- Market area summary/report
- Customized retail trade area map
- Customized demographic data
- Retail leakage report
- Target listings
- Conferences with city staff on an as needed basis
- Represent City at ISCS functions
- Represent City at other events not currently scheduled
- Monthly reports and updates
We are asking any submittal of an SOQ consist of two (2) copies no later than 2:00 PM on Wednesday, November 27, 2018.
Personal delivery of SOQ will be received at:
City of Siloam Springs
Attention: City Administrator
400 North Broadway
Siloam Springs, AR 72761
Delivery by USPS or any other such delivery service will be mailed to:
City of Siloam Springs
Attention: City Administrator
P.O. Box 80
Siloam Springs, AR 72761.
Any SOQ received after, or that are postmarked but not received until after this deadline, will not be accepted.
Any person, organization or firm submitting an SOQ agrees that any cost incurred in responding to or activities associated with this request, is borne by the submitting person, organization or firm and cannot be billed to the City.
General Information and Requirements:
The City reserves the right to reject any SOQ and to accept the SOQ which is deemed by the City to be in the best interest of the City. The City also reserves the right to waive any irregularities and/or informalities in this SOQ process. Should the City elect to waive a right it will not constitute an automatic waiver of that right in the future nor will it impact any other right or remedy.
All SOQ received by the City shall become the property of the City and shall not be returned.
In accordance with Arkansas law, all documents received and all materials contained therein, once opened, are public record, and subject to disclosure to any person, organization, or firm, including anyone responding to this request for SOQ.
Qualifications warrant by virtue of submission to be honored for a period of ninety (90) days.
The original SOQ being submitted shall be signed by a corporate officer, partner, CEO, proprietor, etc., with full authority to bind the submitting party.
The City reserves the right to negotiate with the selected person, organization or firm, the terms and conditions of any contract resulting from this process.
In the event the City fails to obligate requisite funds necessitating cancellation of any resultant contract, the successful person, organization or firm shall agree to hold the City free from any charge other than authorized work completed.
The selected person, organization or firm shall abide by the laws and regulations of the City, the State of Arkansas, and the United States of America. Such selected person, organization or firm may not discriminate against any person employed in the performance of services, or against any applicant for employment, for any legally prohibited reason.
Hold Harmless/Insurance Requirements:
The selected person, organization or firm does hereby covenant and agree to indemnify and save harmless the City, its officers, agents and employees, from all fines, suits, claims, demands and actions of any kind and nature based up on or arising out of any or all of the operations to be performed by said selected person, organization or firm hereunder. Said selected person, organization or firm shall maintain with insurance underwriters satisfactory to the City, a standard form policy or policies of insurance in the following minimum amounts:
The City appreciates the attention and amount of time spent in preparing the Statement of Qualifications. If you have any questions or require additional information, please do not hesitate in contacting the City Administrator, Phillip Patterson, at (479) 524-0597.